Temporary Residents

Anyone who is a permanent resident in the UK is entitled to NHS treatment at a general practice. A British National living abroad can be treated privately by a GP and at this practice they will be charged for the consultation and the medication prescribed. These charges can usually be claimed back on insurance.

Access to NHS treatment is dependent on your usual place of residence and not on your nationality, passport held or any other criteria.