Patient Participation Group
Who We Are
Our members are recruited to represent the whole community. Our ages range from 16 to 80 which we are told is unique in PPG’s in England. and come from Oxted, Limpsfield and Hurst Green.
The current members of the PPG are:
- David Borer – Chairman
- Pat Moore Vice – Chair
- Julie Ludbrook
- John Close
- Ruth Evans
- Bethany Nancarrow
- Daniel Goss
- Ismail Alli Balogun
- Lizzie Stephenson
- Ian Vincent
- Linda Baskett
- Chantelle Freeman (Associate)
Contact us either by email to our secretary, Marina Blanchard, at email@example.com or by leaving a letter at reception.
What We Do
The PPG will:
- At all times work in partnership with the practice to achieve its aims of providing the best possible service to the patients.
- Contribute where appropriate to practice decision making and consult on service development and provision.
- Provide feedback on patients’ needs, concerns and interests.
- Communicate information about developments in the community that may impact on healthcare.
- Promote good health and higher levels of health literacy by encouraging and supporting relevant activities within the practice, and promoting knowledge of preventive medicine.
- Monitor health services throughout the community and give feedback to both the practice and East Surrey Clinical Commissioning Group.
What do we do?
We have regular meetings in which we discuss issues such as the waiting room facilities, availability of appointments and services that practices are expected to provide.
We also produce a regular newsletter on behalf of the practice that is distributed by email and at the health centre.
Every quarter we organise talks given by GP’s from the practice, consultants from North Downs and East Surrey Hospitals and representatives from organisations such as MacMillan.
The subjects have included Arthritis, Stroke, Living with Cancer, Men’s and Women’s Health, and Cardiac Issues.
We have also started a charity called OPAG (Oxted Patient Access Group) that raises funds to purchase equipment for the benefit of patents. In its first year it has provided equipment valued at over £10,000.
How can you help?
With 17,000 patients to represent it is important that you give us your views on the services and facilities at the Health Centre. This can be done by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter addressed to the secretary of the PPG which can be left at reception.
You can also sign up to receiving copies of the newsletters and other information by email by contacting our secretary.
South Tandridge PCN Vaccination Programme
Dorking Health Care Talking Therapies Wellbeing and Stress Management Presentation
Are you feeling stressed, anxious or low? Is this related to your mood or social difficulty such as loneliness or debt? Your GP surgery can help.
The Patient Participation Group of Oxted Health Centre arranged for Dorking Health Care Talking Therapies to give a Wellbeing and Stress Management presentation on 11th August 2020.
Don’t worry if you missed the presentation on the day, you can still view it on YouTube: Managing Stress and Anxiety.
Please view the Dorking Health Care Talking Therapies Wellbeing and Stress Management booklet for information and advice on Stress Management.